Sunday, December 1, 2013

One to remember.

When I thought about my birthday being spent in Malta this year, I imagined myself worshiping the sun on a sandy beach with a cold vodka and orange to sip on. Being born in November has meant that every year I've had to deal with freezing cold temperatures and this year I was quite looking forward to a refreshing change. Except my perception of Malta in winter is entirely wrong. Although the temperature never actually gets to freezing, I certainly felt cold enough to be wearing three layers and my UGG boots. Yet, despite the weather, I still had the most enjoyable birthday ever.
I was treated to not one, but two overnight stays in a hotel. On the actual day of my birthday, my parents took me to the Seabank Hotel in Mellieha for an all inclusive 24 hours of all you can eat, all you can drink and a full body massage to die for. For the weekend, my gorgeous Maltese boyfriend, Sean, took me over to Gozo where we stayed at the Grand Hotel in a Superior room and contemplated never leaving. Both hotels were superb and I couldn't fault them.
The only thing my birthday was lacking was the presence of my family and friends back in England. But not to worry, I'll be happy to celebrate to the fullest when I come home for a couple of weeks at Christmas.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment